Monday, 14 January 2013

Stamping with dies

I took upon another challenge within the 75 Creative Challenges Week in the Moxie Fab World. The toughest one, just for my amusement. Stamping with a Homemade Stamp. Hmm.
It took many attempts and half a day, to come up with something I'm satisfied with. Before I settled down for my final choice, I tried chipboard shapes, kitchen utensils and buttons. The latter were perhaps the brightest idea, although I was fussy about the kind of ink I'm using on them. I found that in general, pigment inks with soft sponge give the most even coverage.

My choice of a home-made stamp is a cutting edge of a steel die. Provided that there's a decent ink coverage (not as easy as it seems!) on all the edges, and the impression is done with a firm and steady hand, I must admit that I'm quite taken with the results.
I used the Twiggy Tree die from Memory Box, along with Memento Nautical Blue ink.


I embellished my tree with some light green rhinestones (Kaisercraft) and finished the card with the sentiment from WPlus9 (Filigreed Frames).
This terrific layout is courtesy of the super-talented Laurie of Retro Sketches rs#46, and I thought I'd also play with one of the the long neglected colour challenges, PDCC164.

   

Hope it tickles :) See you tomorrow, I hope!

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Love the color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the die-as-a-stamp looks! The color blocking is fantastic, too. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought you could use a die to stamp? Not me, that's for sure. Love that you experimented and came up with this beauty. Thanks for joining us at retro sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a neat effect! This was definitely a successful experiment, I'd say! Thanks for playing along with as at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-23.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012