Monday, 28 January 2013

A card (plus some photos)

I so needed to evacuate to my craft room a 'just because' sitting today. I'm having the urge to play with a couple of the new goodies that I *might have* acquired recently... there's nothing like happy mail to rejuvenate your mojo!
I pulled out some new stamps, the Birch Branch Print from Memory Box & Simply You by Technique Tuesday, and mixed them with a couple of things at hand. I also re-discovered a couple of 6x6 paper pads from Glitz Design the other day, to my utter enjoyment, because I totally stuffed them where they were doomed to be forgotten for months...
So... all of them and more, made it to another *scrappy* card of mine, that I happen to enjoy making again :)



I cut a window in the patterned paper and covered the base of the card, where the opening is, with burlap. I like the look of a wee piece of lace, peeking out from behind the window - the last minute touch that I added.
Surprising myself with these little things, that might have never crossed my mind at first, for me is an essence of enjoyment I take from creating. If my cards turned out exactly how I envisioned them at the beginning, they would be much less fun to make, I'm not even sure if they were better at all. Instead I like to settle for a bit of chaos and see where it takes me :)

Here's a delightful inspiration photo (from The Ribbon Reel challenge #45) that lies behind this card:


I also wanted to share a couple of photos that hubby & I took yesterday, on our family trip to Melbourne ZOO. It's a world-class facility that's always a joy to go visit. I love love LOVE their butterfly house! If only it wasn't steaming hot inside...












Meerkats are always a staple when we're there. ADORE these little creatures :)



Then there's the two Palamountain girls. One BIG and one small. Yes, my pregnancy shows as much on my belly as it does around it... LOL
I keep telling myself that as far as I'm a very happy momma (which is entirely true), I can handle being oversized for a few months more... Then there will be other things to worry about, ack! Or one utterly cute and much awaited reason, for that matter 



See you later, crafty peeps!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful card ,as always:))and so interesting photos!!!You are lucky mamma and crafter,Chupa!!!hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing card - *wow*!! I love the detail of the burlap and the lace in the window, great patterned paper (I have that pad and I *love* Glitz Design)... so many perfect details!

    Love your photos too, looks like a wonderful zoo. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mix of elements on your card, Chupa. Love the pictures - miss all the bright coloured butterflies of the tropics. Thanks for the walk down memory lane! Just adore the picture of you and Chuplette :) Can't wait until it becomes a trio!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm talking about you on my blog post today (you provided an answer to a problem in one of your posts). Love the burlap on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Just might have" acquired? Well I'm not telling because you need to keep them coming. Drop dead gorgeous - Love the vintage image on the tile, and all the yummy goodness surrounding it. Then you hit me with all those beautiful butterflies - but saved the best for last - you and the little Chuplet! She looks just like you (Beautiful) - so happy to see you both together in a photo - and hear that you are doing well - no wonder that heat in the butterfly house made you miserable - baby is growing strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the clustering of gorgeous accents!! Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some happy mail!! Your scrappy card is fabulous...love the burlap with the negative popped up panel and all those "extras" are perfect!! Speaking of perfect...you and your oldest....was going to say little one but, now she'll be the oldest or soon anyway....wonderful pic!! Those butterflies are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and fabulous pictures! I really like the close-up on the butterflies... and the last picture is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I love the way you displayed the burlap! So many beautiful details and accents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely pics and this wonderful card! Your layers and embellishments are beautiful! So glad you played along with The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful take on this week's inspiration photo - love it to pieces -- especially the green burlap!! The zoo pics are wonderful too -- your little one is growing up so fast and you look so beautiful expecting your next bundle of joy!! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at TRR this week :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, love all your texture and detail, thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for joining us , gorgeous card . Love the pictures you and your hubby made too. You are looking gooooood!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012