Tuesday, 22 January 2013

10 minute craft dash #10

I was observing Paulina's 10 Minute Craft Dash challenges for quite a while, always impressed but never ready to join in. More often than not us crafters would say "no way I can make it in such a short time!", but man, I'm soooo slow!
This is NOT a challenge I feel comfortable with, since I fuss over everything and more importantly, I can never envision the card from start to finish, at once. I like to see what happens :)

However, I gave it a go. Gasp!
Here's the challenge... such beautiful colours.



...my time:
(yep, barely made it!)


And the card that I made.
I had the supplies all gathered on the desk, plus the card scored and ready for action.


I started by stamping the foliage from Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions (WPlus9, who also happens to be the fabulous sponsor), selectively inking it with Memento Pear Tart. Then I shaded the leaves with a Copic marker, in quick & light dabs.
I added the sprinkles by flicking October Afternoon Sprinkler in Hopscotch (Sidewalks) directly from the little tube inside.
Then I stamped the sentiment from Defining Words (also WPlus9) with Memento London Fog, on a separate panel, used a grey pen to make a line, matted the whole thing with pink cardstock and adhered to the card with foam tape.
The finishing touch are the rhinestones, that I hurriedly added in the last seconds...

Here's the beautiful layout from rs#47, that I was itching to use:


Hope it tickles :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - I can't believe you managed that in unde 10 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOR-GEE-US! Even bling and still under 10 minutes. I'd need 10 just to decide where to place the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I am so honored that you have even heard of my challenge, Chupa! I'm giddy over reading that, but even more excited that you decided to play along!

    Your card is absolutely beautiful. The use of colors, the techniques, the layout are all fantastic. You are definitely a pro at creating cards within 10 minutes!

    Thank you for playing in my challenge. I hope you'll be able to join again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Chupa! I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and elegant. Love those sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love those sprinkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definately wouldn't come up with a card in 10 minutes. Nope... :) But you've done it great! I love the colors and how fresh the card looks!

    blessings,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so pretty!!!!! Love how u used your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome card ! the colors really pop out against the white GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this on Pinterest - such a beautiful card!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012