Friday, 17 August 2012

WMS Blog Party meets Sketchbook #73!

Hiya! I decided to combine the two today, my Saturday sketch challenge and an August Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party (with the theme of "BIRTHDAYS")!
I juggled the thought for a while, whether I should suggest the sketch for a DL card, like the one I created, but nah... better leave it up to you!
I've been on a long card kick for a day or two, you'll see soon enough what I mean when you see this week's WMS sketch challenge as well...



I've been positively crazy about the latest release at Waltzingmouse, especially the deliciously grungy beach-themed sets. I know I already said that, but riddle me this. It's not really my style at all. Yet I'm smitten.
Sooo... you know what I'd have pulled out for my card... My Island!! I stamped the elements with Memento inks on a Canvas Corp. beautiful canvas tag (been hoarding these...), and distressed heavily with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, like the rest of the card.



The papers are another hoarded supply, the Curio papers from Basic Grey.
I also used the Free Spirit Sentiments set for the sentiment (I partially inked one stamp and combined it with another, in order to achieve the effect), a added the wee flourishes from North Shore on both sides.
Some twine threaded through the tag and a golden netting finish the card.

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC73.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

And of course, if you too love Waltzingmouse stamps, please join us for the Blog Party!! Click HERE to be taken to the WMS blog, where you'll find the details and lots of inspiration from other players. There's still plenty of time to play! Cheers,



18 comments:

  1. love how this looks stamped on canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely diggin' this card, Chupa. It's groovy and grungy with a sprinkling of hippie! All I need now is the beach, Mr Bob (Marley) and a suitable beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love all the texture from the canvas tag and mesh ribbon. Great color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this stamp set more and more every time I see it!!! AMAZING card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Chupa! This is awesome! Love the stamping on the fabric and all the textures on this card! Love the beach theme and the tropical flower color of the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! The stamping on the fabric is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fabulous! LOVE that stamped canvas tag - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamping on the canvas Chupa - the summer stamps are perfect - also love the papers you used here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chupa, this is just amazing and now I feel like I need to head for the beach. Such a stunning sight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chupa - you always manage to throw something in completely different in a good way. I always take so much inspiration from you. Like in this case, i love how you stamped on fabric and you managed to get such a bold color gradient in! I really need to bring out my Curio too... been hoarding that too! :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the tag you created with the image (one of my favorite sets). amazing colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great cloth tag. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love how you stamped on fabric for your tag - such a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, Iwona. What an awesome tag and the organic touch it give this card. Creative and so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome sketch Iwona! Your burlap tag is so cool too! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic sketch, Iwona! Love the rich colors and fabric stamping! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sketch, fabulous card, I love the beachy feel and the fabric adds so much dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card, the canvas tag totally rocks. And I really like your sketch, I am going to go back and check out your past challenges!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012