Thursday, 24 May 2012

May Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party

There's been quite a few new posts on my blog since yesterday, and I'd love you to check them out too, if you missed any! Scroll down beyond this post, to see my CASE Study card. Glitz Design projects, and more :)

A week later this month, the long awaited WMS Blog Party has arrived, and despite my extremely tight schedule I couldn't say no to my favourite party ever!

The theme for May is felt or cozy fabrics. Here's my offering...



I started with a background from possibly my favourite WMS background builder stamps, Nordic Winter. I stamped it in Memento Lulu Lavender on light pink card and sew the edges.
Then I cut the decorative edge in a piece of aqua cardstock, using Labels Twenty Nestabilities®, and embossed it with So Trendy M-Bossabilities™ folder.
I adhered a banner cut from Bella! paper over the pieces, after I wrapped some twine around it.
The sentiment is from Roses In Bloom, stamped in ColorBox Hunter Green.



The bloom was created with Grand Peony Creations. I die cut three of the smallest flowers from blue felt, two larger ones from corrugated cardboard, and again five larger from calico.
I bound everything together with a SU! brad, and added some florist's stems bu tucking them under the brad. These stems are double-ended, so all I did is tuck one end in and wrap the other one around and under the brad tightly, until both ends were peeking out just about right :)



I finished the piece with the leaves cut out from dark green felt, with the same Grand Peony set of dies, and a couple of peacock feathers, cut and embossed with Jewel Fantasies Shapeabilities®.

I used a couple of challenges for my inspiration today; ISSC16 sketch, TSTR115 which asks for the colours from the photo + dimensional flowers, and RCC54 which also asks for Fancy Flowers.





If you too love Waltzingmouse stamps, and would like to join us, click HERE to be taken to the WMS blog, where you'll find out the details and find more inspiration. There's still time to play! Cheers,
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I really like the layers/colors/textures of your flower. great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!! Wow! Love your card and everything about it! The flower is so pretty in those fabrics and the beautiful die. This is so stunning! Beautiful stitching as well, wow you outdid yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa, this is Beautiful!! The flower looks Amazing, such pretty layers and use of different materials. LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flowers, they have an incredible rustic look to them with the frayed edges, so beautiful and elegant too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh so PRETTY, Chupa! I just love the design and all of the lovely details. That flower is just spectacular, as is your lovely mix of patterns, colors, and textures in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful, Chupa! I love the flower and all the different backgrounds! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! The flower is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layers and colors on this Chupa! love your cloth/felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing combination of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore!! Love the flower made of so many different elements!! Excellent use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is just beautiful, that flower is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow Iwona! You went all out on this one - all the layers and layers that I ADORE! And Twine TOO?!!! I'm drooling! SO pretty - your flower is gorgeous and I love the Spellbinder feather dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous as always!!
    That flower is too fabby for words...
    just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous! Your flower is to die for and your card is just pure loveliness! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous bloom! Such a great card! Thanks for playing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that gorgeous, fancy flower, my dear! The colors are marvelous together and I love the addition of the little stamens in the center. A delightful card, but, so are all of yours! Hope all is well with you darlin'...I miss our DT camaraderie! I think of you often! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012